Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It's been awhile or who needs Ireland or headed to Mordor

Hello.

We crossed 400 miles yesterday. Crazy right? About two weeks ago we walked through what I could only compare to the idea in my mind of Ireland. Walking up a south face, everything is green, water runs down and fog sits on everything. I've dated four women who have lived in/ worked in/ fantastically travelled across the ocean to Ireland and I've believe I've found America's equivalent.

Right now I'm at Kincora Hostel right outside Hampton, TN. The guy who runs it is an amazing man named Bob Peoples. And I'm in love. It has been building trail here for decades and hikes around the world. Hiking the Atlantic Coast of Europe is now on my bucket list. My bucket list has expanded to an insane things since I've started.

Oh currently I'm in a tree house. There is a bunk house with a ton of beds. I heard there was a tree house and being the first to claim it I have beautiful view and a soft bed. I'll take pictures and upload them in Damascus.

Scott Shipley and Ross Beazell
C/O General Delivery
Damascus, VA 24236

Please Hold for AT hike eta of 4/19/15

Scott Shipley and Ross Beazell
C/O General Delivery
Troutdale, VA 24378

Please Hold for AT hike eta of 4/24/15

My earphones broke, I'll probably pick up new ones before we reach these places. Mom we could use a couple new toothbrushes and small toothpaste :) Ross and me and a couple for our friends haha. My teeth are awesome btw.

Rambles... we've decided that hiking towards Mordor and Mt. Doom is what we're doing. Also apparently people don't like to hear the words Maine and Katahdin. And my phone wants to autocorrect that to Kardashian.... blah. I never want this to end.

Love you,

Scout, Scott

1 comment:

  1. what's your next stop after troutdale? i need to make a mail drop!

    kate

    ReplyDelete